Due to the safety concerns around travel in 2020, our service trip to Ghana has been rescheduled for August 13-20, 2021. The trip is a partnership between our organization, I Am C.U.L.T.U.R.E.D. (IAC), and Africa With Us, and promises to be a transformative experience for both our students and chaperones!
During this 7 day journey, students will be immersed in the music, art, dance, nature and history of a region many African-Americans called home centuries ago. We will also be partnering with Africa With Us Foundation to create an opportunity for our group to participate in a service project while in Ghana.
Dates: August 13-20, 2021
- 10th-12th grade students (email firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Professionals interested in volunteering for our service project (applications coming Fall 2020)
- Ground transportation
- All activities in Accra and Cape Coast
- A cultural workshop weekend presented by I Am C.U.L.T.U.R.E.D.
The trip does not include passport fees or required vaccinations. Flights leave from JFK airport in Queens, NY.
- Day 1: Leave USA
- Day 2: Arrive in Ghana. Check in. Brief Orientation. Akwaaba welcome performance and dinner
- Day 3: Morning Yoga or Dance Session. Accra City Tour. Dinner and Relax.
- Day 4: Web Dubois Center Tour. Make your own Batik Fabric and Cooking Class. Dinner and Relax.
- Day 5: Head to Cape Coast. Check into Hotel. Community Service Project. Evening entertainment/dinner.
- Day 6: Kakum Park Tree top climb excursion. Lunch. Cape Coast Slave Castle visit. Bonfire and reflection.
- Day 7: Return to Accra that morning. African Dance on the beach. Relaxation Day. Last minute souvenirs.
- Day 8: Leave for USA
Abundant Grace School (Cape Coast)