For our second year in a row, we will be partnering with I Am C.U.L.T.U.R.E.D. (IAC), a nonprofit organization based in Brooklyn, on a trip to Ghana in 2020! During this 7 day journey, students will be immersed in the music, art, dance, nature and history of a region many African-Americans called home centuries ago.
Dates: August 19-26, 2020
- 10th-12th grade students (apply here)
- Professionals interested in volunteering for our service project (applications coming soon)
- Ground transportation
- All activities in Accra and Cape Coast
- A cultural workshop weekend presented by I Am C.U.L.T.U.R.E.D.
The trip does not include passport fees or required vaccinations. Flights leave from JFK airport in Queens, NY.
An example itinerary is below. (Subject to adjustments)
- Day 1: Leave USA
- Day 2: Arrive in Ghana. Check in. Brief Orientation. Akwaaba welcome performance and dinner
- Day 3: Morning Yoga or Dance Session. Accra City Tour. Dinner and Relax.
- Day 4: Web Dubois Center Tour. Make your own Batik Fabric and Cooking Class. Dinner and Relax.
- Day 5: Head to Cape Coast. Check into Hotel. Community Service Project. Evening entertainment/dinner.
- Day 6: Kakum Park Tree top climb excursion. Lunch. Cape Coast Slave Castle visit. Bonfire and reflection.
- Day 7: Return to Accra that morning. African Dance on the beach. Relaxation Day. Last minute souvenirs.
- Day 8: Leave for USA
We will be partnering with Africa With Us to create an opportunity for our group to participate in a service project while in Ghana. And one lucky student will receive a travel scholarship to attend! The scholarship will be open to 10th-12th grade students who demonstrate financial need, academic excellence/potential, and would benefit from the exposure of international travel.
APPLY NOW TO JOIN OUR TRIP TO GHANA!
STUDENT DEADLINE: JANUARY 31, 2020.
Apply now on the I Am C.U.L.T.U.R.E.D website!
STUDENT TRAVEL SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATIONS
ARE NOW OPEN!
DEADLINE: MARCH 1, 2020.