On Monday February 16, we will return once again to Ghana for our 5th annual trip to the continent! We call the experience "Homecoming" because it is a unique opportunity to guide a group of NYC high school students through an experience of a lifetime as they return to the region many African-Americans called home centuries ago.
A typical itinerary includes (subject to final adjustments)
- 2 Days of Service & Cultural Exchange at local schools
- Traditional Ghanaian Naming Ceremony
- Slave Castle Visit
- Cooking Classes
- Fabric Making
- Kukuwa Fitness African Dance Classes
- Canopy Walk at Kukum National Forest
- Beach Day
- Market Shopping
- and more!
DATES: February 16-23, 2024
DEPARTURE AIRPORT: New York City (JFK); Travelers are allowed to join us from other cities, but must accompany the students on the Feb 16 flight from JFK.
INCLUDES: Hotel accommodations (2 hotels; double occupancy), meals and non-alcoholic beverages, ground transportation, entrance fees to all activities.
NOT INCLUDED: Airfare; Visa fee, yellow fever vaccine fee, alcoholic beverages, local transportation outside of itinerary.
- Serve as a role model for the students
- Supervise students on each day of the journey through Ghana
- Participate in all cultural and service activities with the group
- Spread the word about fundraising opportunities for the schools in Ghana
- Understand the safety plan and crisis/risk management procedures to keep the students safe throughout the experience.
- Note: All responsibilities above are concluded when the students return to the U.S. People often extend their trip beyond the last day to explore the country further, and we encourage those who have the time and resources to do so!
Interested in traveling with us in 2024? Click here to fill out an application and someone from our team will contact you to attend an interest meeting and informal interview. The application deadline is Monday October 16, 2023