Ghana 2022: The Black History Experience
JOIN US IN GHANA!
On February 27, 2022 we will travel back to Ghana for a week of culture, dance, music and service! The experience is curated by a mother-daughter team based in Ghana (Africa With Us), and in partnership with I Am C.U.L.T.U.R.E.D. (IAC), a program that provides opportunities for high school students in New York to travel the world. This trip is a chance to experience Black History from its origins, the west coast of Africa, and see first-hand where many of our traditions, cuisines, music and culture came from. And as a chaperone, you'll guide our IAC high school students through the experience, and reflect together on how you connected that day with the country of Ghana and its people.
We are looking for chaperones to join our team! Chaperones will join the students on a week of exciting cultural excursions, and will participate in our service projects later in the week. If you're interested, see more details below, and fill out our form so we can contact you with an application, detailed requirements for chaperones and invitation to our interest meeting!
- DATES: February 27 - March 6, 2022 or March 8, 2022
- AIRPORT: JFK (New York City)
- COST: $2975 (8 days); $3400 (10 days)
- INCLUDES: Airfare (roundtrip to ACC from JFK), hotel accommodations (2 hotels; double occupancy), most meals and non-alcoholic beverages, ground transportation, entrance fees to all activities, and return trip COVID vaccine fee
- NOT INCLUDED: Visa fee, yellow fever vaccine fee, alcoholic beverages, local transportation outside of itinerary.
- Day 1: Arrivals. Meet & Greet/Orientation. Naming Ceremony & Dinner
- Day 2: Kukuwa Fitness AM workout session. Accra city tour. Market shopping.
- Day 3: Visit the Community Youth Cultural Center. Batik Fabric & Cooking Class.
- Day 4: Service and cultural exchange with the Spread Out Initiative in Nima
- Day 5: Service and cultural exchange with Abundant Grace School in Cape Coast
- Day 6: Visit Kakum Rainforest; Cape Coast slave castle tour; evening bonfire
- Day 7: Market shopping and leisure time
- Day 8-10: Additional optional activities and departures
Interested in traveling with us in 2022? Please fill out the form below to receive additional details, an application, and an invitation to our virtual interest meeting!