Ghana “Homecoming” 2023
JOIN US IN GHANA!
On February 27, 2023 we will travel back to Ghana for a week of culture, dance, music and service! The experience is curated by a mother-daughter team based in Ghana (Africa With Us), and is in partnership with I Am C.U.L.T.U.R.E.D. (IAC), a program that provides opportunities for high school students in New York to travel the world. This trip is a chance to experience Black History from its origins, the west coast of Africa, and see first-hand where many of our traditions, cuisines, music and culture came from.
- DATES: February 27 - March 7, 2023
- DEPARTURE AIRPORT: JFK (New York City)
- COST: $3210
- INCLUDES: Airfare (roundtrip to ACC from JFK), hotel accommodations (2 hotels; double occupancy), most meals and non-alcoholic beverages, ground transportation, entrance fees to all activities, and return trip COVID vaccine fee
- NOT INCLUDED: Visa fee, yellow fever vaccine fee, alcoholic beverages, local transportation outside of itinerary.
- Day 1: Arrivals. Meet & Greet/Orientation. Naming Ceremony & Dinner
- Day 2: Kukuwa Fitness AM workout session. Accra city tour. Market shopping.
- Day 3: Visit the Community Youth Cultural Center. Batik Fabric & Cooking Class.
- Day 4: Service and cultural exchange with the Spread Out Initiative in Nima
- Day 5: Service and cultural exchange with Abundant Grace School in Cape Coast
- Day 6: Visit Kakum Rainforest; Cape Coast slave castle tour; evening bonfire
- Day 7: Market shopping and leisure time
- Day 8-10: Additional optional activities and departures
As a chaperone on our service team, you'll guide our IAC high school students through the experience, and reflect together on how you connected each day with the country of Ghana and its people.
Interested in joining us? Please fill out the form below to receive additional details, an application, and an invitation to our virtual interest meeting!